Gluten Free Beef Stew Slow Cooker Recipe
This beef stew is a foolproof crowd-pleaser that makes a nice big batch great for meal prep, freezing for later, or serving a large group. It’s a perfect blend of savory umami with a hint of sweetness from the tomatoes. This stew feels a little bit lighter so you won’t get up from the table feeling as heavy as a sack of potatoes like you can with some other stews.
- Add hot sauce if you want a little kick.
- Add dried 2 bay leaves if you want a little extra flavor depth to the stew.
Whole 30 Beef Stew
- 2 pounds beef chuck
- 2 white onions
- 6 whole carrots
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes (you can substitute regular diced tomatoes)
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
Chop: white onions, whole carrots, red bell peppers, and celery into bite sized pieces. Place in bottom of slow cooker.
Cut: beef into bite sized cubes and add on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
Add: diced fire roasted tomatoes (with juice from can), tomato paste, beef broth, thyme, rosemary, and salt to slow cooker.
Cook: on low for 6-8 hours in slow cooker.