This slow cooker dish is super savory and easy. Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are pretty powerful so add a little at a time until it hits the spice level you want.
Simple side dish ideas to pair with this slow cooker chipotle garlic chicken:
- Tomato, avocado & corn salad. Just toss all three ingredients together with some olive oil, salt, pepper and a little lime juice.
- Cauliflower rice, brown rice, or quinoa would be good with this.
- If you aren’t going full on lazy slow cooker mode then you could sauté up corn, bell peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes with cumin or taco seasoning.
Crockpot Chipotle Garlic Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 ⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 ⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 avocados
Prep: Slice onion and finely dice chipotle chile if it’s whole in the can.
Mix: tomato sauce, onions, tomato paste, honey, lime juice, chipotle chiles, adobo sauce, garlic and apple cider vinegar in slow cooker.
Add: chicken to slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
Cook:on high for 3 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve with diced avocados on top.